The Channel Hopper's Guide to Champagne Ardenne
At last, a really useful guide to Champagne Ardennes. Champagne is not only just a bottle of coveted bubbles, it is an entire region of France, offering the best, not just of wine, but of nature, lakes, hills, secret forests and historic ancient towns. Champagne is divided into four regions: Ardennes , full of wooded forests and valleys whose rugged beauty demands exploration; Marne , the largest of the four regions where most of the famous champagne houses are located as well as the famous towns of Reims and Epernay; Aube , smaller but nevertheless full of vineyards dotted around the woodlands, pastures and the great links, bordering on Burgundy via its capital Troyes; Haute Marne, full of lush fertile land and ancient medieval towns. Included in the Guide to Champagne Ardenne is:
- An overview of Champagne-Ardenne with some history thrown in
- Review of the towns of Reims, Troyes, Epernay, Langres, Charleville-Meziers with maps
- The Lakes and forest
- The champagne routes
- The Champagne Houses, highlighting some of the great houses you can visit with details.
- The Castles
- Where to eat, sleep and sightsee
- Menu Reader
- Lots of essential tips to help you really enjoy your break in Champagne.
Or send you cheque for £5.89 (£4.99 plus p&p) to Passport Guide Publications, 19 Morley Crescent, Edgware HA8 8XE
Total cost: £5.89